How To Make an LMFAO Robot Head Out Of A Box
This is one fan's take on how to make a do-it-yourself LMFAO robot head costume taking inspiration from the "Sexy and I Know It" video. If you're a handyman and have the time, this will make a great Shufflebot headpiece for Halloween. Or of course you can always save the time and simply buy our officially licensed LMFAO Robot Head with working LED eyes!
Tools you will need for a DIY LMFAO Shufflebot Headpiece:
- Straight Edge
- Pen or Pencil
- Tape Measure
- Cutting blades (X-Acto or steak knife or bread knife)
- Fine and Coarse Sandpaper
- Compass (or something you can draw ~3.75", ~1.5, and 1" circles with)
- PVC cutter (or something to cut your ear stems with)
- Hot Glue gun with glue sticks
Custom LMFAO Robot Box Head Dimensions (in inches)
- Corrugated Cardboard Box -- anything between 11x11x15 and 12x12x16.
- Metal Mesh for mouth -- Corrosion-Resistant Type 304 Stainless Steel Wire Cloth, 32 X 32 Mesh, .0065" Wire Diameter, 12" X 12"
- Plastic Mesh for eyes -- Polypropylene Plastic Mesh, .080" X .055" Opening, 54.5" Width, 1' Length.
- Red Bump Cap, Polyethylene.
- Lightweight Polypropylene Webbing, 1" Web Width, Black.
- Plastic Buckle for Webbing, Sew on Squeeze-Release for 1" Wide Webbing.
- LED lights -- Yellow on the ends, red in the middle.
- ¾" or 1" PVC -- for the ears. You can also use marker tops or cut an old marker in half. There are a lot of things you can use for this. Even a short length of garden hose might work.
- White Wood Primer in a spray can -- cardboard absorbs paint, so if you just paint it gold it will look dull and splotchy. Let the box soak up the White Wood Primer and dry, then use the gold over it -- you'll get a much better finish.
- Gold Paint. Just be sure to read the UPC color label on the back. Sometimes the silver and chrome can be mistaken for gold.
- Black Paint. You'll need black paint to paint the metal mesh and the plastic mesh, as well as the eye holders. You could even paint the helmet if you wanted the inside to be all black.
There you have it--Everything you need to create your own LMFAO Shufflebot head piece this Halloween for the ultimate LMFAO robot costume!